Coenzyme Q10, also known as ubiquinone or decene quinone, is a compound found in the human body. It exists in most eukaryotic cells, especially in the inner mitochondrial membrane. It is one of the components of the respiratory chain, and its content in the inner mitochondrial membrane is much higher than that of other components of the respiratory chain, which plays an important role in proton transfer and electron transport in the respiratory chain.
Coenzyme Q10 has a variety of functions. First, it is a powerful antioxidant that cleans up free radicals, protects the integrity of biofilms, and stabilizes membrane potential. Secondly, it has the effect of providing energy and is therefore regarded as the source of energy for the body. In addition, scientific research has also shown that Coenzyme Q10 can activate human cell vitality, so it has the functions of improving human immunity, enhancing antioxidant, delaying aging and enhancing human vitality.
What fields can CoQ10 be used?
With the continuous progress of related technologies, Coenzyme Q10 is also widely used in food, medicine, cosmetics and other fields. In clinic, it is used to treat myocardial ischemia, cardiac insufficiency and other diseases. In addition, Coenzyme Q10 is added to some health supplements and skin care products to help boost the body’s antioxidant capacity and fight aging.
what are the benefits of coenzyme Q10?
Coenzyme Q10 has a number of benefits, including:
Coenzyme Q10 cleans up free radicals in the body, helping to slow aging and boost the body’s immunity.
2. Improve immunity
Coenzyme Q10 can promote the proliferation of immune cells, so as to achieve the effect of enhancing immunity.
3. Protect the heart
Coenzyme Q10 can increase the contractility of the heart muscle and slow down the heart rate to achieve the effect of heart protection.
4. Relieve fatigue
Coenzyme Q10 can enhance the body’s vitality and fight fatigue.
5. Protect the brain and nerve cells
Coenzyme Q10 provides sufficient oxygen and energy for heart muscle cells and brain cells to maintain a healthy and active brain and nerve cells.
Therefore, appropriate supplementation of Coenzyme Q10 in the daily diet can help maintain good health.
IMPORTANT How coenzyme Q10 works to boost immunity:
Coenzyme Q10 boosts immunity in the following ways:
1. Enhance the phagocytosis function of the reticuloendothelial system: Coenzyme Q10 can enhance the activity of the reticuloendothelial system and promote the phagocytosis of phagocytes, thus enhancing the body’s defense function.
2. Stimulate antibody response: Coenzyme Q10 can stimulate the body’s immune cells to respond to various factors, thereby enhancing the body’s defense ability.
3. Enhance lymphocyte transformation: Coenzyme Q10 can stimulate lymphocyte transformation, promote lymphocyte proliferation and activation, and thus enhance T cell immune function.
4. Inhibit B-cell hyperactivity: Coenzyme Q10 inhibits B-cell hyperactivity by improving the function of inhibitory T cells, thus balancing the function of the immune system.
5. Protect the normal energy metabolism of cells: Coenzyme Q10 mainly exists in the inner membrane of cell mitochondria and is a key substance in the rate-limiting reaction of mitochondrial respiratory chain. Ensure that enough Coenzyme Q10, you can provide enough “food” to cells, so that cells can ensure normal energy metabolism. This is essential for the maintenance of immune cell activity.