So let’s first talk about hyaluronic acid, what is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic Acid (HA), also known as hyaluronan, is a disaccharide unit glycosaminoglycan composed of D-glucuronic acid and N-acetylglucosamine. Hyaluronic acid has strong hydrophilicity and unique hydrodynamic properties. Its molecular formula is C14H21NO11. Due to its unique molecular structure and physicochemical properties, hyaluronic acid exhibits a variety of important physiological functions in the body, such as regulating proteins, water and electrolyte diffusion and transport, lubricating joints, and regulating the permeability of blood vessel walls.
About its history:
In 1934, KARL MEYER, a professor at Columbia University in the United States, discovered a large molecular polysaccharide extracted from bovine eye glass. HA is a large molecule found in humans and animals, mainly distributed in joints, eye glass, skin, umbilical cord and so on. Sodium hyaluronate also known as hyaluronan or HA is a polymer mucopolysaccharide which is repeatedly linked by N-acetylglucosamine and D-glucuronic acid disaccharide units. HA on the market is generally in the form of sodium salt, which is called sodium hyaluronate. The key molecule involved in skin moisture is hyaluronic acid (HA), a glycosaminoglycan (GAG) with a unique capacity to bind and retain water molecules.
Benefits of Hyaluronic acid:
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in our bodies that has many benefits for our skin, joints, and overall health. Here are just a few of the positive effects of using products containing hyaluronic acid:
1. Moisturizes the Skin – Hyaluronic acid is a powerful humectant, meaning that it attracts and holds onto moisture. When applied topically to the skin, it helps to keep it plump and hydrated, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Promotes Wound Healing – Hyaluronic acid is also essential for wound healing, as it helps to stimulate cell growth and repair damaged tissue. It can be especially useful for treating burns, cuts, and other types of skin injuries.
3. Reduces Joint Pain – Hyaluronic acid is a vital component of synovial fluid, which lubricates and cushions the joints. When taken as a supplement, it can help to reduce joint pain and stiffness, as well as improve overall joint health.
4. Boosts Eye Health – Hyaluronic acid is present in the vitreous humor of the eye, where it helps to maintain its shape and clarity. Supplementing with hyaluronic acid may help to protect and improve eye health.
5. Improves Gut Health – Hyaluronic acid is also beneficial for gut health, as it helps to stimulate the production of beneficial bacteria in the intestines, improve gut barrier function, and reduce inflammation.
Overall, hyaluronic acid is an incredibly versatile and beneficial substance that has a wide range of health and beauty benefits. Incorporating it into your skincare routine or taking it as a supplement can help to improve the health and appearance of your skin, joints, and overall well-being.